Today I'm on my first regularly scheduled furlough mandated by my employer for the year. We are required to take 8 furlough days, 5 which are "scheduled" and 3 which are at our own choosing. So...today's was the first "scheduled" one.
Quite a few of my fellow employees are really crabby about being furloughed. Loss of pay, same amount of work, and less time to get it done it. While I'm crabby too, I'm trying to put a better spin on it...i.e. even though we are taking a pay reduction it really does give me a chance to catch up on things that I want to do. You can't buy that kind of time. So what am I doing? I'm baking a pound cake (again), intend to go shopping, and then sleep all afternoon with the cats.


1 comments:
sorry about the furlough time, hopefully it won't be forever...
Post a Comment